You probably can’t call yourself a book nerd if this article from The Toast doesn’t make you laugh. Here are a few signs you are living out a Jane Austen plot:
- Someone disagreeable is trying to persuade you to take a trip to Bath.
- Someone disagreeable is trying to persuade you to join a game of cards.
- A picnic has gone horribly wrong.
- Someone you know has fallen ill. Not melodramatically ill, just interestingly so.
- A charming man attempts to flirt with you. This is terrible.
- Your mother is dead or ridiculous.
- You are in a garden, and you are astonished.